Skip to main content

C30 C60 C90 Go! part 1


I'm tidying up the house, and working out what music I'll never listen to again. There's cassettes I've had since the late 80s that have moved with me 7 times in 20 years and I've never played them. What's sadder is that these are tapes I made, carefully selecting all of my favourite songs by an artist, and then sticking them in a box. So I'm working my way through them, one by one, and posting my farewells here.

The first one is 'Hue and Cry'. I had them roundly labelled as a Scottish band, so much so that the end of the tape has a couple of Proclaimers songs stuck on for good measure. The combination of a distinctive Scottish burr and jazzy arrangements redolent of Swing Out Sister make it a good listen, but it doesn't bring back specific memories, and it's only generically uplifting.

What should I do with these old TDK D90s (or for premium recordings, Sony SA90s)? I can't give my old mix tapes to a charity shop, burning wouldn't be environmental, and it seems a shame to just put them in the bin. Any ideas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advent Calendar 2023

Berlin Travel Guide 2024

Don’t forget EHIC/GHIC – make sure you get one for free, never pay a scammer Travel Insurance – you’ll thank me one day Roaming Bundles – get the cheapest data bundle from your provider  Importing – into Germany you can’t take meat, milk or products containing these Airport to City Turn left out of Terminal 1 arrivals, following signs to Terminal 2. At the large Burger King, the tourist information centre is on the right. Here you can buy full-access Welcome Cards (with free museum entry). If you just need the travel Welcome Card (with museum discounts) you can buy that from ticket machines inside the arrivals baggage hall, or at the station below Head back to the big escalators down to Level U2 https://ber.berlin-airport.de/en/orientation/getting-here/public-transport.html   https://www.bvg.de/en/service-and-support/tourists/arrival-and-departure/berlin-brandenburg-airport   Don’t catch the first train that seems to be going in your direction, it may be a slow S-Bahn Use the BER App d